Pioneering Design and Fabrication
Founded in 1942, Magnetic Metals became a big supporter of the U.S. military’s telecommunications needs during World War II, producing nickel-iron transformer laminations. In the early 1960s, we added NASA to our growing customer base. Today, we are the largest supplier of GFCI sensor cores and make the lowest-distortion transformer laminations in the industry.
The company holds a patent for thin-gauge stamping technology and uses a proprietary annealing process, plus fully automated casing and 100 percent testing, to produce the most price competitive products with the best production yields. Click here for more information.
Products and applications
Employing a team-based development process, we partner with customers – sharing our practical, hands-on expertise in design, material selection, metallurgical processing and fabrication – to engineer custom and standard magnetic components that suit a broad spectrum of performance requirements. Magnetic Metals products include:
- Tape wound magnetic toroidal cores – and other shapes for transformers, power supplies, motors, GFCI’s, HVAC controls and voltage meters
- Tape wound magnetic cut cores – for transformers and assembly configurations with critical dimensional and weight requirements not available in standard laminations
- Transformer laminations – for input, output, audio signal, computer modems, communications and precision motors
- Motor laminations and stacks – including standard and custom precision and stamped rotor and stator laminations for aerospace, electrical, industrial, medical and niche applications
- Ring cores – for transformers used in current sensing applications
Magnetic Metals carries all types and thicknesses of materials with the most advanced magnetic properties and performance characteristics. They include Nanocrystalline Alloy and Amorphous Alloy for cores and other applications, high-permeability/low distortion nickel alloy and cobalt iron, SupermendurTM, MicrosilTM(grain-oriented silicon steel), SuperPermTM 80, SupermalloyTM.
In addition to employing our own testing, Magnetic Metals conducts internal audits to verify that our quality management system complies with current requirements set by industry standards organizations. Our Anaheim and Camden facilities are AS9100C certified.
We recognize every application is unique, so we encourage you to contact us to discuss your specific requirements and to discover how your designs and applications can be improved by using magnetic components from Magnetic Metals. Call 800-257-8174 or email to receive immediate assistance.