Pioneering Design and Fabrication
Founded in 1942, we have grown from supplying magnetic components to the U.S. military and NASA to providing tape wound transformer cores used in:
- Power and navigation systems for the Aerospace and Defense industries;
- Transformer assemblies and GFCI’s for electric vehicles and EV charging stations;
- Power supplies and transformers for medical electronic devices and power electronics;
- Communications equipment for the Telecom and Audio industries;
- Voltage monitoring & measuring devices for industrial controls and electric utilities, and many other applications.
We employ a team-based development process – utilizing our technical expertise in material selection, metallurgical processing and fabrication – to engineer the highest quality magnetic cores and custom magnetic components that meet our customers’ most stringent specifications and application requirements.
Applications and Products
Our tape wound toroidal cores (TWTC) utilize a winding configuration that provides a virtually complete magnetic circuit that is unachievable with lamination cores. Our cores are used in:
- Voltage and current transformers,
- Power supplies,
- Motor controls,
- HVAC systems,
- Inductors, converters and inverters,
- Input and output audio signals,
- Computer modems,
- Communications Controls,
- Precision motor controls.
Our tape wound cut cores (TWCC) provide the critical dimensional and weight requirements not available in standard laminations for:
- Transformers and assembly configurations,
- Current transformers,
- Pulse applications.
Magnetic Metals carries all types and thicknesses of soft magnetic materials with the most advanced magnetic properties and performance characteristics. They include:
|Amorphous Alloys||Square 80|
|Cobalt Iron||Super Square 80|
|Square 50||SuperPerm™ 49|
We can tailor magnetic properties and performance characteristics – especially frequency, permeabilities and pulse properties – to your specific requirements.
Our Anaheim facility is ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 Rev D-certified. In addition to employing our own testing, Magnetic Metals conducts internal audits to verify that our quality management system complies with current requirements set by industry standards organizations.
We also provide magnetic testing for core loss, as well as direct-current loop and permeability testing as required to ensure quality and specification conformance.